Staron® Solid Surfaces | Planet Fitness Case Study
Max Resistance for Labs
- Project: Planet Fitness Kolonnade
- Country: South Africa
- City: Pretoria
- Shopfitter: Legends Solid Surfaces
- Products: Staron® Solid Surfaces
- Finish: Aspen
- Colour: Glacier
USING SOLID SURFACES FOR GYMS
BLENDING FORM AND FUNCTION
Salvocorp was recently involved in assisting Planet Fitness with their new design update to their Kolonnade gym. Legends Solid Surfaces made use of Staron® Solid Surfaces in Aspen Glacier to create impactful and functional reception desks and washrooms, incorporating striking design and sustainable features.
It was important that these surfaces served as more than just contemporary pieces; working in high-traffic and high germ areas, such as bathrooms and reception areas, the surface needed to be low-maintenance without compromising hygiene. Staron® Solid Surfaces became the perfect solution for these applications, due to its non-porous nature and anti-microbial design; ultimately meaning that these surfaces are not permeable to air, water, or fluids- so no trapped germs or bacteria. In essence, the ideal solid surfaces for gym use!
To create a modern, high-impact effect, the Aspen Finish was selected for these statement pieces. With its sleek, high-gloss appeal, the tone-on-tone chips resemble natural granite, but last much longer, due to its rich blend of particulates. The colour choice of Glacier lends a crisp, clean and contemporary feel, flawlessly suited to the needs of a world-class gym experience.
Together, Salvocorp and Legends Solid Surfaces blended form and function to create these impressive areas, custom creating large-scale surfaces that worked with the needs of the space, as well as complementing the Planet Fitness brand experience.
Benefits of Staron® Solid Surfaces for Gyms
- Wear and Tear: Staron® Solid Surfaces are manufactured to be scratch and impact resistant, and the choice of colour in Glacier White was ideal for Planet Fitness and their high-traffic areas. The smaller particulates and lighter colour show wear less visibly and require maintenance less often.
- Hygiene: Staron® Solid Surfaces are non-porous, needing a simple wipe down with a mild detergent daily. Additionally, Staron® Solid Surfaces have smooth, impenetrable seams with no grout lines or ridges to trap dirt and germs- unlike others surfaces like laminate, wood, and granite.
- Design: These custom-cut pieces boast impressive signage and specially crafted insets to create spectacular lighting and ambiance.
Specify with Salvocorp
Although Salvocorp always carries core colour ranges, kindly remember to always confirm stock levels and the lead times with a Salvocorp representative. It is also important to let representatives know when products are specified so that the councils can start to communicate with the fabricators and installers as soon as possible to ensure availability and to assist with any technical data and questions.
Get in Touch!
Drop us a line and let us know how we can help you!