- Project: Planet Fitness Kolonnade
- Country: South Africa
- City: Pretoria
- Shopfitter: Legends Solid Surfaces
- Products: Staron® Solid Surfaces
- Finish: Aspen
- Colour: Glacier
USING SOLID SURFACES FOR GYMS
BLENDING FORM AND FUNCTION
Salvocorp was recently involved in assisting Planet Fitness with their new design update to their Kolonnade gym. Legends Solid Surfaces made use of Staron® Solid Surfaces in Aspen Glacier to create impactful and functional reception desks and washrooms, incorporating striking design and sustainable features.
It was important that these surfaces served as more than just contemporary pieces; working in high-traffic and high germ areas, such as bathrooms and reception areas, the surface needed to be low-maintenance without compromising hygiene. Staron® Solid Surfaces became the perfect solution for these applications, due to its non-porous nature and anti-microbial design; ultimately meaning that these surfaces are not permeable to air, water, or fluids- so no trapped germs or bacteria. In essence, the ideal solid surfaces for gym use!
To create a modern, high-impact effect, the Aspen Finish was selected for these statement pieces. With its sleek, high-gloss appeal, the tone-on-tone chips resemble natural granite, but last much longer, due to its rich blend of particulates. The colour choice of Glacier lends a crisp, clean and contemporary feel, flawlessly suited to the needs of a world-class gym experience.
Benefits of Staron® Solid Surfaces for Gyms
- Wear and Tear: Staron® Solid Surfaces are manufactured to be scratch and impact resistant, and the choice of colour in Glacier White was ideal for Planet Fitness and their high-traffic areas. The smaller particulates and lighter colour show wear less visibly and require maintenance less often.
- Hygiene: Staron® Solid Surfaces are non-porous, needing a simple wipe down with a mild detergent daily. Additionally, Staron® Solid Surfaces have smooth, impenetrable seams with no grout lines or ridges to trap dirt and germs- unlike others surfaces like laminate, wood, and granite.
- Design: These custom-cut pieces boast impressive signage and specially crafted insets to create spectacular lighting and ambiance.
WHAT IS STARON® SOLID SURFACES?
Staron® Solid Surfaces is a premium solid surface that allows imagination, design, and function to flourish. Available in more than 100 colours and patterns, Staron® Solid Surfaces can be fabricated to create nearly any shape or inset- alternatively, it can be thermoformed into flowing curves. Functionally, it is certified for use in applications in the health care and food services, as it is antimicrobial and boasts seamless joins.
DISCOVER YOUR DESIGN SOLUTION
If you’d like to find out more about how Salvocorp can help your design ideas flourish, get in touch today!